2022 Non-Business (Residential) Energy Property Tax Credits - Due April 15, 2023
Credits apply to:
- Existing home of principal residence,
- Installed before or on Dec 31st, 2022,
- New construction and rentals do not apply.
For Gas, Oil, Propane Water Heater - $300
Uniform Energy Factor (UEF) > 0.82 OR a thermal efficiency of at least 90%.
* Certain Energy Star certified gas water heaters meet the requirements for this tax credit based on the UEF above. A water heater’s UEF rating is a measure of its energy efficiency, with higher numbers denoting more efficient units. The UEF calculation is based off of how much energy the water heater uses and how much energy is used to power the water heater itself.
Give the form(s) below to your tax professional to claim the credit:
Gas, Propane, or Oil Hot Water Boiler - $150
AFUE > 95
* Certain Energy Star certified gas boilers meet the requirements for this tax credit based on the AFUE above. AFUE, or Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency, measures how efficiently a boiler converts fuel to heat. The higher the AFUE rating, the more energy-efficient the system and the more heat entering your home.